Here’s the deal – you can’t control everything.
I know, you are a leader and you think you can. But here is what I see everyday … when we speak with leaders that ask us about our virtual executive assistant service …
- Exasperated leaders trying to do it all never feel like they get ahead
- They have employees who don’t ever feel like they win
- Work/home life balance way out of whack
- Frustrated by mounting deadlines and initiatives
- A nervous feeling like the other shoe is going to drop
Sound like you? You’re not alone. It is common to hear and see leaders that think that the only way to get ahead is by controlling everything. What a weary place to be!
How do you slay the beast of control? You simply start to trust others. You find qualified people and you delegate to them. But don’t miss this … delegate results not tasks. When you give responsibility to others to help you achieve your outcomes, you kill the falsehood that says you can do it all & control it all. It’s a lie.
You are not your work or job! You are so much more! Give up the ghost of control … it is a losing battle. Start winning by trusting others to help you get it all done.
QUESTION: Do you honestly think you can control everything? What is stopping you from trusting others with your work?